Friday 15 February 2013

Induction day

bye bye belly!

We arrived at the hospital 7:30am. About 8am the midwife gave me an enema to clean house wasn't too bad, i was a little afraid that it would hurt but was mainly weird feeling. My doctor arrived about 9am checked my cervix and inserted a tablet to get my cervix to dilate so that he could rupture my bag of water. I laid on my left side for 2 hours after the 2 hours were up I was asked to walk around a little bit until my doctor arrived to break the water. at 12pm he came in and broke my water. LOTS AND LOTS OF AMNIOTIC FLUID! 5 minutes after breaking my water the contractions hit me like a ton of bricks. Extremely painful. It was in my birthing plan to have a natural birth no drugs. After about 3 or 4 contractions it was time to push I'm not sure how long I was pushing felt kinda like forever. At 12:45pm 45 minutes after my water was broken I gave birth to a healthy 9lb 8oz baby boy. Had to get quite a few stitches just because of his size. My birthing experience was amazing. I had him at St. Augustine Medical Center in Grenada, West Indies. My midwife was amazing the nurses there were amazing as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment